No matter how rewarding your full-time job, you may need to supplement your income or satisfy the urge to work for yourself.  In today’s digital society, there are many more ways to do just that.

All of the so-called traditional jobs are possibilities, such as snow removal or lawn-mowing for a fee, small engine repair, photography, catering, woodworking, antique refurbishing, creating jewelry and, data analysis/processing, and custom combining/spraying, among others.  However, there are many new ones, created by the online world.  These include website and social media design, content creation and doing other people’s chores through and selling items on eBay, Etsy, Amazon or an another online marketplace.

Many people believe their homeowner’s or renters insurance covers sideline businesses.  In many cases, it does not.  Most personal homeowners insurance policies specifically exclude sideline businesses or at least limit coverage.

Fortunately, there are low-options and you should check with us to determine what option is best suited to your needs.  A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) offers the most protection for a small business is often a good choice for electricians, plumbers, mechanics or product-based businesses.  A Home Office Policy offers good, lower-cost coverage and is a good choice for freelancers that work primarily at home without direct interaction with clients.  A Business Pursuits Endorsement (to your homeowners policy) offers less protection than the first two policy but could be all that you really need.  Examples here could  be hosting Tupperware parties off-site or selling items on eBay, among others.

Whatever you choose, before starting please contact us to make sure your insurance protection is solid.